Neara Designer is capable of performing voltage drop calculations for underground designs. Voltage drop calculations take into account the following parameters:
- Voltage of substation
- Impedance of cable
- ADMD of load
- Power factor of load(only for statistical method)
- Standard deviation of load (only for statistical method)
Currently, two methods of calculating voltage drop are available: simple and statistical.
- Simple voltage drop is calculated through a combination of ADMD loads and pre-defined diversity factors. A worked example can be found in Annexure B of NS110. This method is only valid for radial networks and cannot be used to analyze networks containing loops or rings.
- Statistical voltage drop is calculated according to the method described in the paper: A Statistical Method for Analysing L.V. Distribution Networks by Kent A. Gosden.
How to change Voltage Drop Method
- Left-click on the Project tab
- Select Design Settings
- Change Voltage Drop Mode
How to access voltage drop
- Open the Report Manager
- Add new Custom Report
- Select datasource for custom report as Pillars
- Rename report as required
- Scroll to the far right of report to view voltage drop result
6. Optionally, reports can be added as tabs for easier viewing by clicking on the + button and selecting the voltage drop report
7. Additionally, the results can be visualized on the design using the eye icon.