This forum post will detail the process of importing and managing your LiDAR datasets.
To import LiDAR:
- Select + next to Profile
- Select Import Pointcloud Data (this tab will now be added to your layout)
- Drag your .las, .laz or .txt file into the box
- Let it process, once finished processing the points will congregate into its classifications (check classifications by selecting past mappings to from excel).
- Name the dataset and assign it an EPSG code (so that it can georeference itself with a map overlay)
- Hit Upload
Once the file has been uploaded it will be stored in the cloud and accessible at any time. The LiDAR file imported will automatically be brought into your design.
Manage Density, View, and Sets of LiDAR in your project
Once the LiDAR has been uploaded and stored - you can click the dataset tool to manage your dataset.
The following ordered list related to the alike digit in the picture above.
- Select dataset tool - this will bring up the dataset management pane
- This is the dataset configuration section. Each dataset being used is shown here. You can define the:
- Model density: you are able to define the density of each classification (the number of points you want to render). If you machine is running slow, or some classifications are useless to you, you can reduce or delete it by sliding the slider to the left.
- View: you can toggle these checkboxes if you want to make the LiDAR point cloud viewable or not in the design. Typically it is good practice to turn the view off for ground as it can get quite busy and you might want to see the underlying map overlay.
- Extend your dataset with this tool - specify the radius and select an area in your design to bring in the LiDAR data for that area (particularly useful for larger LiDAR files)
- Add Dataset - click here to bring in another LIDAR file - such as an adjacent file that has already been uploaded.